Monday, March 16, 2015

This Week I Saw Something That I Can Never Forget

Alright so this week was a good week!  We had a lot of fun with the work that we did!!  We worked hard!  We may not have received all the success we were hoping for but we worked hard!!  Still just doing lots of contacts but not many people are accepting us!  However I did come up with a new way to get into every door! All you have to do is ask for a glass or water!  Boom right in!  The people are usually nice enough to give it to you and it is a great entrance!  It was funny because the first time I did it I didn't tell Elder Preciado about it!  I knocked the door and said are you thirsty?  He said what and they had already opened the door so it was so funny!!  But it worked because we got a new appointment with the people later hahaha!  
Elder Padron, a buddy
Alright well this week I saw something that I can never forget!  We had just gotten done with an appointment so we start walking to the house!   Well we see this taxi pull up in front of our house by the hill we live on and two guys get out of the car!  Elder Preciado tells me be careful I don't like the look of these guys!  Well there was a girl literally right in front of our house texting on her phone!  Well there was the victim.  The guys robbed her right in front of our face like ten yards in front of us!  If I close my eyes I can still see the replay.  I can see everything perfect and can still hear her scream!  I can still see them take her phone and backpack.  But as missionaries there is nothing we can do!  Some guy tried to help and save her but it didn't work.  This happened like at 4 in the middle of the day!  It was something that scared me and I will always remember that!

So I have been teaching Elder Preciado some English!  He does alright and he already knew a  little bit before the mission!  He has kind of some signature phrases that I promise I didn't teach him!  But they are really funny at times!  We were walking in the street and he was like hey what is the difference between damn, and daaaaaammmmnnnnn!  Haha it is just too funny!  We always have moments like this!!

Alright well next week is missionary week in church just like every fourth Sunday!  So I will get the chance to speak and I am pretty sure that I will be speaking about the work of salvacion because that is a typical topic for the missionaries!  Well I found a great quote this is something that I thought was worth sharing! 
“It will be a great day,” taught President Gordon B. Hinckley, “when our people not only pray for the missionaries throughout the world, but ask the Lord to help them to assist the missionaries who are laboring in their own ward”

One of our key indicators is lessons taught with a member present. So my challange to you today is that we can not only pray for missionary work but that we can get out and do something about it!  Learn the lessons and help us out!!

The word of the week is regalar.  to gift more or less.  Nos regala un vaso de agua?  Will you give us a glass of water?

I love you all and have a great week!  I will talk to you next week!!

love,
Elder Orchard

Ferrari sticker on a Ford, very typical

pencil thing I bought this week

Me and Elder Solomon in the store of a member

Javier was asleep when we got to his house

Zone party last night



No comments:

Post a Comment