Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thanks For All of Your Love and Support

This week has absolutely flown by!!  We have been working hard trying to find some people!  We may not have tons of investigators but we are working hard!  We had some really cool less actives show up at church on Sunday that we have been visiting!  He just totally came and was like yeah here I am again!  He was like the first person there to set up chairs and he was the first person to offer and help us do divisions!  It was really cool! 

We had zone conferences and those were awesome!

About the suit Douglas is wearing:  I did a little bit of trading with my suit that didn't fit anymore to get one that did fit!  I like this one better and so it was a good trade right!


Pres is so funny!  He gets so animated to talk with us and I just always end cracking up!  He is like running around while he is teaching us and jumping and talking about his cars and counting down time left and it just makes me laugh!  He is awesome!  I am lucky to get to work so close to him!  He always is saying how the YSA are just like overgrown laurals and priests!  He is always making us laugh without knowing it or doing it on purpose!  I am sorry I have like nothing good this week!  I don't have much time right now!  And we had a slow week!

Last week we found 8 news and we taught the most lessons that have been taught here in awhile.  At least for the office missionaries!  We had set the goal on Sunday that we were going to find ten news this week and that we were going to set seven fechas and so we were just working hard!  We also decided to contact a full street in our area!  So we started praying to find it!  At the end of a few days we were all on the same page of what street it was going to be!  So we set out to contact it and we literally contacted everyone on this street!  I mean everyone...doors, people walking, rateros, Catholics, Christians, everyone!  And we get done and not a single person accepted us!  It was kind of disappointing and we were feeling kind of down but then out of nowhere we get to Friday and we had found five people and we were kind of sad with that!  Then we get a miracle family that was a reference and we got a couple more news out of that!  It was awesome to see that we worked hard and although we may not have found news the way we thought we were going to we were able to see the Lord's hand in our work!  

Thanks for all your love and support!  I love you guys and I will talk to you again next week!  Hopefully we will have a good week and then I will have better stories and things next week!

Love,

Elder Orchard

Pics of the mission office which is also Elder Orchard's home.






I asked Douglas to tell me about his responsibilities as the Financial Secretary and this was his response:

My responsibilities are everything that has to do with the finances of the mission!  I have to make sure missionaries get their ajuste in the middle of the month.  The monthly gets sent automatically by the church I have to send the rent!  I don't really balance the cards of the missionaries because they are just debit cards but I do have to balance the card of Sister Stutz and Pres. Stutz.  I have to make sure that they have everything accounted for.  Anytime they buy something on their card I have to classify it and upload a receipt and all sorts of stuff like that!  If they sac out money then I have to make sure I have receipts showing where they spent it all!  I also have a card that I use for mission things that I have to do the same!  In an average month I can send out around a million pesos in everything!  I have to pay all the bills for water and gas and light!  I have to pay for the visas and make sure all the money is in order!  It is kind of crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment